Friday, January 08, 2010

Into New Horizons!

A new year beckons a new me!

I have been languishing in a quagmire of stagnation for a long period of time now and I can't remember the last time I was proud of myself. My greatest failings have got to be procrastination and indiscipline. It's time to break out.

Firstly, my resolutions for 2010:
1) Quit smoking entirely. Not even social smoking.
- it's tough but I can do it.

2) Cut down on pubbing. Once a week the most.
- this means not visiting Beerhouse or any other place where i can place my hands on alcohol frequently. I may have to relax and de-stress but pubbing is not the only avenue for that now. gotta add that each visit should not see me drinking more than a jug or spending more than 20 bucks.

3) Exercise more. exercising will be my preferred option to destress.
- 30 mins at least for a session, 3 times a week not including Sunday soccer.
- having physical fitness will contribute to having a healthy body and agile mind. Not to mention a taut body will score me well with Dear Dear in the intimacy department.

4) Do well for my studies.
- No more MCs for classes. No more late submissions. Gonna do all my tutorials and readings. Gonna score As!

5) Sleep early rise early.
- Rise and shine at 8 in the morning, latest.
- Sleep at 1 a.m. latest.

6) Spend less save more. To do what a man has gotta do (I know, Buddha knows)
- I will only spend $100 a week, inclusive of petrol and makan dan minuman.
- Cashcard and carpark spending not included.
- Weekend spending with Dear not included though it will have to be frugal too.

I pledge to accomplish the above barring all failures, braving all obstacles, resisting all temptations, accepting no sub-standards, so Buddha help me!

Buddha, bless me with your divine assistance in realizing my resolutions.

Yes i realize it's past 1 already. It starts after this post k.

No comments: